1.11.2010

I was dreaming last night that John went to a hospital for some sort of checkup. His mom, who looked more like Matt's mom oddly, picked him up from wherever we were and he was going to be gone for a weekend. And then I read in the newspaper that he died somehow during the procedure, and there was a video of him strapped to a table laughing with some nurses before being dead. It was awful. (the dog Korean outfit I got was too small, so my mom managed to choose the weirdest looking dog doll to wear it instead.)


I need to start getting ready for THAILAND. I'm attempting a beef rib (galbi jjim or 갈비찜) recipe again. This time I'm using the crockpot I bought for the Christmas hams, new ingredients, and the actual cut of meat the recipe calls for. So far it smells good... (picture is another meal of the Vietnamese spring rolls. Yummy and healthy!)


Tutoring the 2 local students is going all right. I finished Up with the one who lived in L.A. for 8 years. He chose to watch The Cove when I mentioned I had a couple of documentaries. Apparently, he really likes documentaries, and he went on about how he thinks it's important to know about the dolphin killings in Japan. I do, too. 

I picked up a 3rd student, who is actually one of John's. She's the younger sister of one of my high schoolers, and wanted some extra help with the textbooks. Yeaaaah. Not really sure how successful this is going to be. In my opinion, I think the textbooks are awful, but there may be some supplementary material I'm missing... but they don't seem too instruction-friendly. My fluent student, as desired by the girl's mother is going to be a translator while I tutor. He claims it's fun, and I see it as good practice for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment