11.05.2009

생일

It started yesterday afternoon when my co-teacher arrived to teacher training with a cake. It was a house... and somehow they managed to demolish it in 5 minutes. At midnight when my co-teacher sent 15 text messages. The last 6 woke me up. I vaguely remember feeling freaked out and wondering who would be texting me then... and so much. The student I meet with in the mornings to go over her English diary gave me a gift; I haven't opened it yet. A teacher gave me something that has to be refrigerated. And then after lunch the teachers gave me another cake- a sweet potato cake!- (고구마)... Thursdays I have classes all morning, so I don't come down to the teacher's room until lunch. Someone left a handful of chestnuts and a sweet potato on my desk. Another teacher made these cute magnets- a happy cloud and a leaf... pictures later. too effn cute. It's been a good day, and I reeaally appreciate what everyone's done! 


I also figured out the post office... kind of... and found some cards to mail to the states (AT LAST). I have a rogue Christmas card and some stationary sets. Everything else seems to be about how "I love you" or something about being happy. hopinghopinghoping the stuff I mailed actually makes it to their destinations. 


After my school closed last week for H1N1, now all the students are getting sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment