11.20.2009

flue week!

I never finished my 5 day course of Tamilflu. Sunday was awful. First to clarify, there apparently aren't general doctor's offices here. There are specialized doctors in their own offices, but for something general you go to the hospital. So no hospitals were open in my neighborhood on Sunday. My coteacher lives halfway across town, and he made me meet him at a hospital that was open near him. By this time, my temperature was about 102, my entire body hurt, and I had those chills in the bones that you can't do anything about. Absolutely miserable. On Motrin and Tamiflu and some mystery "cold pills," my temperature peaked at 99 on Monday, and was gone Tuesday. Nice. 


I need work in my life, though. Being at home for a week was pretty dismal. Oh, and by the end of my birthday, I had received 4 cakes and got very drunk. But not as drunk as I was last weekend. Soju is dangerous. Koreans who drink with you are dangerous. A group of 10-15 of us were in this tiny bar, and a Korean college soccer club was also drinking. We made friends, ended up drinking together and I insisted that I was having a moment with this guy until he fell into a table. The night was kind of awesome. 


Today, my 2 classes were cancelled for an unknown reason. I started the online courses that my co-teacher signed me up for (thanks for that...) and had some issues with accessing some video lectures. I got to see my computer be controlled remotely. Weird thing. I survived one class. 10 e-lectures, some freshman homework and an obnoxious lecturer. Koreans with English (British) accents are disturbing. Not because of the accent, this particular woman pronounced some words in ways that gave me the urge to hurl my computer. Or chuckle. Or do both at once. My hopes that the next class would be better were dashed when the new video opened with a portly American man in a powder pink shirt... and no offense, but kind of looking like a pedophile, which made me suspicious that he's an Asiaphile. I know, I'm judgy. To survive this... This better certify me in something. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. I was getting worried when you hadn't posted anything in a couple days!

    ReplyDelete