10.14.2009

the beef

Most everyone else I think has already experienced this phenomenon or has been dealing with it on a regular basis: today my co-teacher didn't show up for any classes. 


Dear Korean Teacher,
Things come up. I get that. Okay, I can deal. I improvised with NO materials to work with for the elementary students. I let the middle schoolers who weren't participating in National Exams talk, sleep, and eventually I made paper airplanes with the one student who could see. My last class figured out what was on their exam and we figured out a way to re-review everything. 


I think I did pretty well. Fairly well at least. And while I can accept the dynamic-ness that is about 98% of Korean culture (it seems), I am having trouble accepting what is to me unprofessional behavior. 


If you're not going to be in class, please tell me. I just want to know that something came up that will prevent you from coming. 


If you find out you won't be coming to any classes all day, but you can still come to the teacher's room at random moments- why not stop by and let me know? It would take like. 2 seconds. Seriously. 


Also, if possible, please give me access to the materials. I understand that it may not be possible, but I would appreciate any effort. 


Sincerely, 
Your momentarily frustrated, slightly furious but mostly bummedthatiwasprobablyuselesstothestudents, co-teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment