10.27.2009

thanks, H1N1

My school is closed through October 31st because of the flu. From what I understood, whoever made the decision was concerned about students with physical disabilities (cerebral palsy was named specifically). So the students who live in the school got shipped home, and the teachers are doomed to sit in the office for the rest of the week. ugh. I can at least take my goddamn sweet time with my workload!


I got a block of ddeok yesterday, and I left it on my desk by accident. Fortunately, it's still good! So says my co-teacher. There was a hot air balloon in Daejeon this weekend, and I went on Saturday to see the "light show". I was expecting flashyness! fireworks! lasers! Instead it was about 8 hot air balloons lighting up in the dark to the beat of a 3 minute song. Oh, and maybe 5 minutes of fireworks. I can't say I thought it was worth the 30 minute walk from the nearest subway stop, but I did get to see the Expo bridge and its water show- and THAT was worth the trip. So some highlights:


The water jets, filling a balloon, the bridge in all my camera's blurry glory. 

I must say, I can't get over that you have to shoot fire up a turtle's butt hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment