7.15.2010

I will not become that type of person who grows resentful. I will not become a Korea hater. I will not hold grudges here. That being said, I'm gonna bitch for a minute. 


I think I'm going to refuse to feel guilty over being peeved at stupid things my co-teacher does. Like how this week, I've been annoyed at how he's been mocking the way my intonation and inflection in the 100 mp3s I made for him using the crappy reading excerpts in front of the class (seriously, 2 chapters down, 46 more to endure). Um. It's the way most English speakers talk. Today was particularly irritating because he kept playing on repeat a line,  because he thought the way I said it was hilarious. To which, he then mimics my recording by sounding like a chicken. Uh, yeah. Thanks. I made all those files for you because you asked. And just so you know- because you never have to slow down your speech for anyone- it can be difficult to speak slowly and pronounce words individually, so I mean. Duh. Sometimes it won't sound natural. Because it freaking isn't. The just of it is, I don't make fun of the way he says stuff in Korean or the way he butchers my native language. So really, it puts me off when he makes fun of the way I speak in my own language. Same goes for when he mocks me when I read in Korean (which he likes to make me do in front of the class- yeah, thanks jerk). 


Is this unjustified annoyance? Either way, I seriously need a break from my co-teacher. He's nice and all, but sometimes I want to punch him.

No comments:

Post a Comment