3.11.2010

aybesees

I'm working with 3 students who are learning the alphabet. My co-teacher has a good packet of ABC learning worksheets, but I feel it's monotonous work for them to continuously write letters again and again. Soooooooo, I'm determined to pull out some strategies based on the principles and methods I learned in grad school (FINALLY). I seriously slacked last semester. My co-teacher is using some new strategies, and I've got ample opportunities to expand them into solid practices.  With the alphabet, I found an activity called playdough mats; essentially an outlined letter that you shape playdough in instead of just tracing. It's got the spatial, kinesthetic, and visual going on, and potentially engaging. I'm making my own so I can choose associating pictures myself, and also color it so there is color rather than just black and white. Writing letters in shaving cream could be good too, if my co-teacher gives the okay. Also, wiki sticks, the wax coated string- I've seen them somewhere in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment