6.03.2010

IPL

Okay, so last night I had my face offed by a laser. My IPL (intense pulsed light therapy) appointment was yesterday, the first of 3 visits for my endeavor to rid myself of freckles. It hurt. It felt like a cluster of stings, and I could see a flash of red every time which to me was more disturbing than how it felt. Naturally, my face was on fire during the bus ride home, but by the time I was back in my neighborhood, I felt fine.  The actual IPL treatment only took 5 minutes, and by the time I finished washing the gel off, another patient was already getting her armpit hair removed. I had to sit with a mask for 20 minutes, and then I was done! In and out, no waiting time. That part was awesome. The laser all up on my face part was not so awesome, though obviously the most necessary part.So now, because I was annoyed that I couldn't find in between pictures, I'm going to sacrifice my dignity and post mine. Within an hour, my freckles had already turned dark- kind of as if I'd spent the entire day out in the sun. This, if you were to read about it is normal. This is also what i was dreading the most, as I read that for some people, they turned black. Currently, foundation helps make them look more normal, though still obviously darker (also to note is that the foundation is a beast to wash off). Click to get behind the scenes photos!

Before, with obnoxious freckles


now healing with the freckles now being obscene- it looks like my face was splattered by mud


No comments:

Post a Comment