6.30.2010

me being bitter

Did I mention yesterday that my co-teacher and another teacher were in a minor traffic accident? They were. They showed up to school for a while and moped around until they went to the hospital. They looked sore from the impact, but I mean, if they weren't taken away by ambulance at the scene, they ought to be fine within a couple of days. My co-teacher is MIA at school, so I'm assuming he's checked into the hospital. Earlier this year, 2 other teachers have been in car accidents (does this say something about the way Koreans drive?), and each of them stayed in the hospital for a week. 


Things like this you need to plan ahead for. The unforeseen days when you might not be in school. You have a back up folder. Or, in this case, they are not so sick that they can't call the school and give a basic plan of what to do in class. 


The other English teacher came to sub for my co-teacher's classes today, but he has no materials. He's also blind, so he'd need computer text files, which I can't access because they're on my co-teacher's password protected computer. He said I could leave, so I'm wondering if it's because he thinks I'm inadequate, the fact that there isn't a lot to do since the class has completed their review sheets (finals next week), or that maybe he's embarrassed because he doesn't know what to do with the class. Any way, I'm annoyed when I should be feeling sympathetic for my co-teacher. 


Also, I'd like to remind you that the students are useless. It's the high school class, and no one has enough English, nor do I have quite enough Korean to meet each other halfway. Even if I could do that, they wouldn't. Useless. Absolutely useless. The rest of the day I can handle. It's just this high school mob that I dread whenever I know I'm on my own. The fact that my computer just gave me a blue screen of impending doom doesn't help my grumpy mood either. I guess I'm seriously going to have to set money aside for a new computer. Stay away from HP and Gateway. They both suck.


By the way, I am really sorry that my co-teacher and teacher whose desk is next to mine were in a car accident. Fruit for them when they come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment