5.10.2010

practicum fresh meat

My school got a slew of practicum students this morning, so I guess that explains the decorated chopsticks that teachers got.  Picture later if I ever take one... they're wood with a design on the top and stuck in a Asian style print satin case. They're cute! Bottles of vitamin C juice (not my favorite thing, it tastes like liquid Flintstones chewables) also appeared on teacher desks with a little introductory note stuck on them. Sadly, I don't understand anything beyond "안녕하세요." I seriously need to get it together and start studying vocabulary. This is really pathetic. 


Still waiting to hear about re-signing. There's a slight comfort from the fact that no one else in Daejeon has re-signed yet. The prices of plane tickets home are uglyugly beasts.


Cute moments of the day: I went to the elementary 6th grade classroom to work with a student for a few moments. One of the other students poked my shoulder to get my attention and said "hi." This afternoon in the middle school first grade class, we weren't doing anything. 2 of the 3 students were there, one of those two is an adult participant. The actual middle schooler spent the class trying to talk to me and asking what things were in English. This is a big deal because her English level is low. At one point she was doing an old lady squat on the floor while talking. I think she ran out of things to say at one point because she stopped, looked at me, and said "I love you." The adult participant I think believes my name is Megan Virginia. He also seemed surprised that my family is American.

No comments:

Post a Comment