5.14.2010

week recap through pictures

Wednesday afternoon, my co-teacher told me that the 9th graders were having a picnic at Daejeon's theme park, O-World. Ooookay. It was an awesome day! 


Before we left, we met in the auditorium to play volleyball. It was adapted for blind and low vision players. You have the net, but it's only a few inches above the floor. Instead of hitting the ball over, you have to hit it under. Points are scored by getting the ball into the green goals. Blind players line in front of the net to block. Players who have vision can wear black out goggles so they can be on the front. There are bells in the volley ball so you can hear where it is. I hadn't yet been to O-World, so I was looking forward to seeing the park. It's a small amusement park with a zoo and garden area (didn't see those). Here's the run down through pictures
These look like those quarter rides, but they're just meant for photos. My co-teacher is a perfect model here. 
This was the first ride we went on. I decided I really hate these rides. It's so uncomfortable I couldn't even scream. hahaha
A perfect example to remind us that we're not so different in a lot of ways.
They loved this ride. Except 2 of the 4 students in the boat are hiding.
The class! Sadly, I was behind the camera
The little kids overran the park all dressed in their matching uniforms and carrying their matching backpacks. Freaking ridiculous, freaking adorable. 
Just imagine piles of these little things in all different colors, all over the park.
My nature photo of that day. Flat out amazing color, and the sunlight made the darn tree glow. A shame I couldn't really capture that part.
Click play to see them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment