5.03.2010

Daejeon Citizens and promised awesome week

From what I understand, Daejeon Citizens is the name of the city soccer team. Last week, my friends' schools were handing out free tickets to an upcoming game. The stadium was packed with families who like us, got in for free. I liked it though because a big part of why I enjoy watching sports in person is the energy radiating off of the crowd. Plus we were surrounded by little children who liked to stare at my obviously western friends. One kid even started yelling "gogogo!" at the soccer players like we were. This was my first professional soccer match (professional anything really)- I can't effectively describe how much fun it was, but it was funfunFUN! We lost to Incheon (the city where the international airport is), so I will probably forever resent it just a little from now on. One of the friends I went to the game with was trying to start up some Konglish chants. Serious failures there, and from the chuckles from some surrounding Koreans I think we used the Konglish incorrectly. 


Saturday was the introduction of some nice weather we've been privileged to enjoy. Today it's breezy, edging on downright windy, but it's sunny and warmish, and I just want to go outside and be useless. In 30 minutes the middle and high school teachers are going to a mountain to eat and "drink... a little" as a teacher put it last week. I'm still doubting that we won't end up hiking even though when I asked, the teacher said no. Because seriously- sometimes no really means yes, though that mostly relates to Koreans pouring me alcohol when I say "no thank you." bwaha. I've got my camera, so I'll be getting some photographic records of the spelunking that goes on this afternoon. 


This week is going to be awesome because I get out early today and tomorrow, Wednesday is Children's Day, thus a holiday (also Cinco de Mayo, though I've never celebrated- but a good excuse to make tacos!), and this weekend there is talks of going to a ropes course in Daegu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment