4.30.2010

being a tool today

Midterms started today and wrap up next Tuesday. My school lets teachers go home 2 out of the 3 testing days early. They get to choose. I think my co-teacher chooses for me. Picture me looking longingly out the window right now. It's Friday, it's beautiful outside, and a very small handful of teachers are still here. So I'm hoping they'll peace out and then maybe I can sneak out a little early... I have no work to do. None. At least not without putting myself way ahead of schedule and then having nothing to do later on down the road. I don't plan for any real classes- just teacher training and the extra English hour on Fridays, so I'd rather put those off until later when I want to look busy. It's hard to guess how the Korean faculty feels when they see me not really doing a lot of work. I mean I'm happy to help any way I can, so pile it on! But my co-teacher has made his curriculum, I made the vocab already, so there isn't much to do for class unless he comes up with a new idea once in a while. I try to make supplementary materials when possible, but ultimately it's just to be productive, though the product is never used. At least Monday and Tuesday I get to leave early, and there's a holiday on Wednesday. Children's Day. I know nothing of it, but next week I'll have some more information. The only other time I've heard of this day is in the original Pokemon series when the day occurred in that universe. 


I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a little while. That if I get resigned for another year, I'll buy a guitar to have in Korea. A lot of things to consider with that though, and now that I sent the second payment of the camera I recently bought, I want to pump more money back into my American bank account. 


This weekend should be interesting. Actually, the following 3 weekends should be. Tomorrow night there's a soccer game. I haven't seen one yet because they're at night, and it gets pretty cold when the sun goes down. So I'm really hoping that it'll be warm because I'd like to go. Also, a friend wants to do crafty things! haha- I have a paper cake slice template which I think would be fun to try. Next week there's a race for breast cancer at Daejeon's Expo Park. I signed up for the 5k today, and this entire week I had it in my head that the race was this Sunday. That had me panicked because I haven't properly run in a month, and even then I only got to go out twice because winter had its third and fourth coming. And then it's the Lantern Festival!!!! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment