4.12.2010

blurb about school today

Two things, but I usually stray from my original intentions and wander into completely new and unrelated ramblings. 
1. I saw one of my 6th grade students cry today. I'm assuming it was because of my co-teacher. The student lost his papers for today's activity- something about it disappearing in his back. This kid is always goofy/whiny/laughing. My co-teacher sent him to the gym to walk laps. Then my co-teacher left the room for a minute. He returned with the student and left again. And the student was in tears. So either just having to do laps is connected to severe punishment, or my co-teacher reamed him for not having the papers. And me being useless and unable to really communicate in Korean could only pat his back a bit and hand him tissues. I think whatever went on was unnecessary if it brought him to tears- it's just paper. Make him go get new copies or something and call it even. 
2. I wanted to shake my 5th grader. He's probably bored with learning the alphabet, so I need some new activities. He's mostly mastered the upper case letters, and now he has to learn the lower case. Buh. I don't want to do it, I know he doesn't. Today was the first time I had issues with him following directions, so I had to take away all potential distractions from him. He seemed bored when I gave him a break, but rushed to finish anything I gave him. Maybe he was playing around- it's hard to tell, but this was a moment when I really wished we spoke the same language because it would've been much easier to manage. As in, I could've snuffed it out immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment