4.08.2010

run devil run

not the river...
Monday night, I made John go down to the river with me to scope out the safety of the jogger's path. 9 pm, a path full of old people and a sprinkle of younger people walking in their walking gear. Everyone was just exercising. How awesome is that? So tonight I went out alone to test out my jogging endurance (absolutely shot), and I felt completely safe. That's just not something you get very often at home. I've really never not felt safe wandering around Korea at night, or ever. It's just not really an issue. You see elementary kids running around the city without their parents; sometimes it still surprises me, but man, it must be nice growing up in a place that is generally safe enough to not worry about whether or not you'll make it home. Not that I was always in fear back at home, but really now. Mom, would you have let me out downtown alone when I was in 5th grade?

No comments:

Post a Comment